During the announcement of the New Education Policy, Prakash Javadekar informed that the main agenda behind introducing the same is to prepare the students to face the challenges of the new world. NEP 2020 will promote skill-based education and enhance the practical skills of the students.
Logical thinking is the act of analysing a problem or a scenario and then coming up with a rational and satisfactory answer or conclusion. Typically, we use our logical reasoning skills to analyse and consider a problem objectively and distantly. This allows us to make an informed decision about the mode and manner in which we must act.
Logical thinking is a very important skill that every child must have and improve. Why? Because logical thinking is how the human mind can make a distinction between right and wrong.
Well-developed logical thinking skills also promote analytical thinking, reasoning, mathematics, problem-solving, and many other skills.
It is also important because:
• Rational people can easily correlate events and objects.
• The chance of rational people making mistakes is likely to be low.
• Children who have strong logical thinking skills are successful at school because they can establish cause and effect relation.
• Rational individuals are likely to be more successful at work because they develop the right strategies.
Logical thinking helps all employees process facts and implement reasonable solutions rather than acting solely on their emotions. A strategy set based on logic may also be more compelling to other employees than a feeling-based strategy.
Examples of Logical Thinking
• Conducting market research tests to gauge consumer reactions to a new product before devising an advertising strategy.
• Developing a recruiting profile for new sales representatives based on an assessment of the qualities of the company's most productive sales representatives.
• Recommending a strategy for quitting smoking after reviewing the latest overview studies on smoking cessation.
• Analyzing reviews by restaurant customers before structuring training protocols.
• Surveying employees about their preferences for employee benefits before finalizing contracts with vendors.