Garlic is a great superfood that is used widely as a flavoring agent in cooking. But it also has medicinal uses; it has helped treat a good range of conditions and diseases and helps in stopping them too.
It's been used by humans for thousands of years and has been utilized for both culinary purposes and for its health and therapeutic benefits.
The herb plant, garlic belongs to the family of Alliaceae, in the genus, Allium; and is scientifically referred to as garlic. it's believed to has originated within the mountainous region of Central Asia, from where it spread to the temperate and subtropical regions of the planet.
Have you read? List of Immunity boosting food for kids
• A single clove does provide a small amount of vitamin C and manganese.
• The high sulfur content in garlic gives antibiotic properties that help in keeping the digestive system clean by flushing out the toxins.
1. Garlic can combat sickness, including the common cold.
2. The active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure.
3. Garlic improves cholesterol levels that help lower the risk of heart disease.
4. Garlic contains antioxidants that help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
5. Garlic supplements athletic performance.
6. Eating garlic may help detoxify heavy metals in the body.
7. Having garlic improves bone health.
8. Lowers the risk of developing lung cancer and prostate cancer.
9. Reduces acne.
10. Treats psoriasis and cold sores.
11. Helps grow a healthy head of hair.
12. It is great for the rejuvenation and healing of skin scars and gives a glow to the skin
13. Garlic enhances immunity
Chopped garlic can be added to almost any savory dish for a burst of flavour.
Also read: Reliable Recipe - Broccoli Cheese Bread