Is your child tired of eating those boring healthy recipes every day? Give them a break from the traditional dal-rice and vegetables by trying out this quick and easy recipe of delicious yet healthy chocolate-chip cookies!
If you are not too keen on serving packaged food to your child, this recipe is a must-try. What’s better, it is extremely healthy as it does not require any Maida, sugar, or butter! This recipe only calls for 5 ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen.
|chopped Jaggery (gur)||1 cup|
|whole-wheat flour (aata)||1+ ¼ cup|
|ghee (clarified butter)||3 tbsp|
|chocolate chips||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract (optional) as per taste|
Method of Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch:
- Finely chop the jaggery and add it to a saucepan. Also, add the water and put it on a medium flame to melt it.
- After the jaggery has completely melted in the water, put it off of the flame.
- Now, add 3 tablespoons of ghee to the whole-wheat flour. Make sure that the ghee is in solid form.
- Gently massage the ghee into the flour with your fingers. In the end, the mixture should look sandy and crumbly.
- Pour the jaggery and water mixture into the ghee and flour mixture. Keep on mixing it as you add it.
- After the dough is ready, add the chocolate chips.
- Line your baking tray with a silicone mat or a parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Scoop out little balls of the dough onto the baking tray and flatten it out slightly using your fingers.
- Add more chocolate chips on top if you like!
- Bake them in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Let them cool on the tray for another 10 minutes before you lift them.
Do try this easy and healthy recipe for your kid to enjoy at home!