A well-constructed timetable establishes a natural rhythm and routine, which can be comforting to teachers and students. Having a plan as a learner is very important as it helps you maximize and prioritize on the things that are of urgency or importance. Most students do not have an organized study plan and if they do, they fail to follow the plan drawn. Let us discuss some important points which will help you understand the importance of a timetable.
- Prevents wastage of time and energy: The timetable shows exactly what is to be done at a particular time. It, thus, directs the attention of the pupil to one thing at a time. Thus, one's energy is automatically directed in a particular direction which prevents wastage of time and energy. It also prevents confusion, duplication, overlapping and unnecessary repetition on the part of the pupil and the teacher.
- Ensures equitable distribution of time: The timetable gives due place, extension and emphasis to various subjects and activities, according to their relative importance or difficulty. This is very essential for the all-round development of a child. This ensures that while the more important subjects and activities get more attention and time, the less important ones are not neglected.
- Helps in the formulation of good habits: A good timetable aids in inculcating the habits of orderliness, punctuality and steadiness of purpose in children. It ensures regularity and even progress. It develops a methodical attitude towards work among pupils. Such adherence to a pre-arranged plan of work is the secret of success by preventing laxity.
- Helps in achieving desired goals: Following a timetable steadily ensures consistency in efforts to achieve a significant goal. Be it achieving a certain score or a target position, giving it a place in the daily routine makes sure that efforts are being made regularly to accomplish the set goal.
- Regulates Body Clock: The so-called body clock keeps body processes running according to a schedule. It is a 24-hour cycle that regulates the timing of processes like eating, sleeping, and temperature control. If you have a fixed bedtime along with a fixed wake-up hour, your body clock knows exactly when to produce which hormone according to your activities along the day such as eating, studying, playing, etc.
- Ensures Discipline: Scheduling a timetable will ensure all your activities are listed and thereby ensures time management along with discipline. This also leads to a better focus as the child is concentrating on one task without worrying about others.
How to follow a timetable?
One of the key ways to follow a timetable is by having a few fun, informative, and productive activities interspersed throughout the day. For this, we have the perfect program for you. Our friends at Hobby Tribe have a variety of hobbies you can learn and enjoy while feeling productive. They have also introduced a summer camp for your children which has activities such as Bollywood dancing, Drama & Speech, Public speaking, etc. You can enroll in this summer camp from the very comforts of your own home.
Enroll Now in the Summer Camp
In the situation that this coronavirus outbreak has put us in, setting a routine and following it becomes even more essential and challenging at the same time.
The presence of a timetable will make sure that the child gets some break during the day along with studies and it would help your child stay on track even in times like these when maintaining a balanced schedule is more difficult. When your child develops the habit of self-discipline, accomplishing tasks will be easier for him/her. His productivity will increase and help him to move much closer to success and happiness.
Stay Tuned, Stay Relevant!
This article has been reviewed by our panel. The points, views and suggestions put forth in this article have been expressed keeping the best interests of fellow parents in mind. We hope you found the article beneficial.