Kids are picky when it comes to snacking healthy food. As parents, you need to be innovative while cooking anything healthy for your child. Beetroot rice is an easy recipe that you can try cooking if you are looking to cook a wholesome dish.
It is a delicious dish that is highly nutritious as well. Its savory flavor and pleasing aroma are sure to appeal to children’s taste buds and give them the nutrition of beetroot as well.
|Beetroot (grated)||2/4 cup|
|Carrot (finely chopped)||1/6 cup|
|Cashew nuts||25 mg|
|Boiled peas||¼ cups|
|Steamed Rice||3 cups|
|Onions ( diced )||1/2 cups|
|Ghee||1½ +2 tbsp|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Cumin powder||¼ tsp|
|Coriander powder||¼ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||¼ tsp|
|Red chili powder||½ tsp|
|Salt||according to taste|
- In a bowl take steamed rice and add 1 ½ tablespoon of ghee to it.
- In a non-stick pan, pour two tablespoons ghee in it and fry the cashews. Once they turn yellow, add them to the rice. Put the bowl of rice aside.
- On medium flame, put the pan and pour the olive oil in it.
- After 30 seconds add cardamom, clove, and cinnamon to it. Saute for about 10 seconds.
- Add the diced onions and sauté it together with the spices. Once the onions turn into golden color, add in the grated beetroot and mix.
- After briefly heating the mixture, add ¼ cup of water to it. Cover the pan with a lid to allow the rice to shimmer.
- After approximately 10 minutes, remove the lid. Add salt and stir.
- When you are satisfied with the rice-water proportion, add finely chopped carrots, boiled peas, and rice into it. Mix it in a manner so that it gets amalgamated.
- Stir the content occasionally and cook it for 10-12 minutes. You can garnish your dish with coriander or mint leaves if you like. Serve it hot with/without any gravy dish.
Go ahead and try this dish. I bet, the rest of your family will be enamored by this tasty and secretly healthy platter.