The common cold is almost always accompanied by a cough and can be quite an irritating condition to deal with. While, medication can help reduce the symptoms you experience, a cold has no cure and it takes about seven days to resolve. So, instead of loading your body with all those chemicals why not try something natural to beat the discomfort you feel.
Cough is not always related to an underlying condition. It may be caused by:
• Irritants such as smoke, dust
• Drug side effects
• Improperly swallowing food or water
• Post nasal drip
Self-treatment: Self- care steps that may be helpful in some less- serious cases:
• Drink extra fluids to help thin secretions and make them easier to cough up
• Avoid exposure to allergens & irritants
• Avoid smoking
• Dry, tickling coughs can be relieved by sucking on cough lozenges or hard candy
• For nasal stuffiness, try saline nasal spray or a neti pot
• Increasing humidity in the air helps relieve a cough
• Practise vocal hygiene measures (e.g. adequate hydration, avoiding vocal strain, smoking cessation, reducing alcohol, reducing caffeine intake)
In these tumultuous times of COVID-19, even the most common form of cough and cold can give us a major scare. Although, with ever-changing seasons, pollutants, and other irritants, it’s quite usual to catch a cough and common cold. However, it’s always not difficult to treat them with simple, natural ingredients available right in our houses. If you are looking for home remedies for cough, we will share 14 effective home remedies that should help you with the common cold and cough. The following are the home remedies for dry cough as well as wet cough.
1. Lukewarm Water With Honey
2. Salt and Warm Water Gargle
3. Ginger Tea
4. Take Steam
5. Turmeric Milk
6. Consume Fluids
7. Change In Diet
8. Spiced Tea
9. Pineapple Juice
10. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
12. Sleeping Position
Prevention is surely better than cure but not inevitable in many ways. Looking for effective home remedies for cough and cold can be exhaustive that therefore, we have put together the aforementioned list of 14 Effective Home Remedies for Cough and Cold to make life a little bit easier for you. Although these are effective methods to curb the cough and cold symptoms, one should always consult their doctors before starting up any sort of home remedies. Keep well.
Also, Let’s listen to what our dadi has to say on this and what remedies she has for us.