Coding has gained immense popularity among every age group because of the huge role it plays in career and profile building.
Children and their parents who are cognizant of the benefits of coding and its future presence know how important it is to learn. There are several programming languages one can attempt to learn but Python is one that we recommend because it's easier to understand and has a wide range of applications.
Also read: 5 Essential Tips on Coding for Kids
What is Python?
An Interpreted object-oriented programming language, Python is considered as one of the simplest languages for coding. This could work really well for someone who is at the beginner's level in coding. It combines remarkable power accompanied by clear syntax. It can run on major operating systems like Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Main features of Python:
- Python is a simple language because of its very clear syntax. It’s the best option for kids
- Python is free and open for all
- Python can be extended to other programming languages like C or C++
- Python is readable just like the English language and is therefore easily comprehensible.
- Python supports procedural and object-oriented programming, which means that we can use Python to create and use new objects and classes.
Pros and cons of learning Python:
Like every other programming language Python too has some pros and cons (more pros actually!) Let's have a look at them.
- Well structured: Python is well structured and readable. It’s easy to use and work with.
- Diverse libraries: Python provides all the libraries you can ever imagine from machine learning to game designing to web development. It consists of everything.
- Fewer lines of code: Unlike other languages, Python requires fewer lines of code to create and run a program. With minimal effort, you can design your website or game.
- Increased productivity: Because of its power to enhance logical thinking and problem-solving skills, Python helps boost productivity in kids and adults. It makes the brain work faster.
- Speed restrictions: Since it's interpreted (the code goes through an interpreter that changes the code to a language that can be understood by a computer), Python’s execution can be a little slower.
- Design restrictions: Python can raise few design restrictions that can lead to runtime errors. It is an error that occurs when a program is being executed.
Job Prospects after learning Python
Learning Python can open doors to a plethora of opportunities for your kids. We are living in a digital era and the future we are entering into is going to witness far more technological innovations than we have ever imagined. And coding is and will continue to be an integral part of these prospects. Listed here are some lucrative career options your child can land into after learning python.
- Data analyst: Data analyst is someone who works on a large data pool using computer programming languages.
- Data scientist: Data scientists are people who use insights from a large data pool to solve problems in organizations.
- Game developer: Game developers as the name suggests, develop video games and other computer games by using computer programming languages.
- Web developer: They develop websites and other platforms by using different coding languages.
- Data journalist: Data journalists filter large data sets to cover a news story; they use computer languages to speed along the process.
Some software giants that make use of Python
Where to learn python from?
Codingal - It’s 1-on-1 coding classes and fun competitions are designed to make kids fall in love with coding. It is the world's only curriculum built on BIDE, STEAM, and Bloom's taxonomy model for enhancing cognitive, logical, sensory, and computational skills of children. Partnered with their expert Computer science mentors, Condingal can help your kids build anything they imagine.
Also read: 15 Best Coding Platforms for Kids in 2021
This article has been reviewed by our panel. The points, views and suggestions put forth in this article have been expressed keeping the best interests of fellow parents in mind. We hope you found the article beneficial.