Many parents face the problem of hectic schedules these days. They find it difficult to spend time with their kids. Some worry that this may hamper the development of their child. A recent study conducted in the Journal of Marriage and Family can ease their anxiety. The study highlights the importance of quality time. The study states parents don’t need to spend hours with their children. Instead, parents need to spend some meaningful time with their children.
Also Read | Wondering How To Turn A Boring Sunday Into A Funday?
So, here are a few tips:
- Communicate with your child regularly. This doesn’t have to be a face-to-face conversation. You can leave notes in his lunchbox or by the bed or at the dinner table.
- Follow some routine like reading a book at bedtime. This will develop a healthy relationship with your child.
- Praise him every time he does good work. Compliment him when he does some chores without asking.
- Cooking can be a good exercise you can do with your child. Eat meals together whenever possible.
- Spend your Sundays or holidays playing with your child.
- The best thing you can do for your child is turning off your phone when you are with him.