Source: The Indian Express
The birth of a baby is one of those moments that changes the entire course of our lives, and while celebrations are in order, the emphasis must be on giving the newborn its best chance in growing to be a healthy individual.
1. The baby experiences fear and anxiety similar to adults which they cannot express. Ensure that you speak softly to the infant and don't be very loud near it. It keeps the newborn happy. In addition, play some decent music near the baby.
2. Avoid the common gesture of tossing the baby in the air because it frightens the newborn.
Also Read | Does Your Baby Cry While Bathing?
3. Immunity doesn't develop until the baby is 3 or 4 months old. Therefore, limited people should have access to the baby and strangers should not touch the baby. It will reduce the risk of diseases. According to Ayurveda, the baby should be kept in the baby room in a separate ward within the house.
4. Ayurveda recommends the use of ashwagandha, castor oil, sesame oil, goat milk, and turmeric to massage the baby. Process ashwagandha in sesame or mustard oil and after it has cooled, apply it on the baby and massage in the upward direction. This technique is called Udhwartana.
5. Sun and moonlight have several health benefits that the baby needs during the early months. The only exception to the previous point of keeping the baby indoors until the fourth month is to take the baby outdoors in the early hours of morning for a few minutes of sunbath. Similar is the case with moonlight.