Kids generally get bored eating cereals, rice and often demand for new recipes. In fact, we all want to satisfy our taste buds by eating delicious dishes. But at the same time, we don’t want to compromise with our health. Then what’s the way out?
Try this simple poha recipe to give a different taste to your diet. It is not only rich in iron and a good source of carbohydrates but is easily digestible and controls blood sugar level. Also, how many of you know that poha is a probiotic food?
Plus point is that it hardly takes 20 minutes to prepare it!
|Thick poha||2 cups (100 gm)|
|Onion||2 (1/3 cup chopped)|
|Peanuts||50 gm (1/2 cup)|
|Green chilli (slit)||2-3|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||As per taste|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Sugar||1/2 tsp (optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1/3 tsp|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Cooking oil||3-4 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves||As per taste|
- Put poha in a strainer and pour water on top of it, then let it soak the water for 10 mins.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chilli to medium hot oil and fry it for 1-2 mins.
- Now add onion to it and fry on low medium flame till it turns golden brown (for 2-3 mins), then add turmeric powder and mix it properly for few seconds.
- Next, add roasted peanuts to the mixture and fry it for another couple of minutes.
- Finally, add washed poha to it and mix gently, then add salt to taste. Cover the pan & cook it for a minute on low flame.
- Open the lid, add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix it properly till it spreads finely.
Turn off the flame and you are done! Enjoy tasty poha with a cup of tea.