In this article, we attempt to clarify the eligibility criteria, documents required, validity of the certificate, and other commonly asked questions related to the Economically Weaker Sections category.
- Should not be covered under the scheme of - SC/ST/OBC
- Should have an annual family income of fewer than 8 lakhs including all sources of income - salary, agriculture, land, business, profession, etc.
- The term “Family” includes the person, his/her parents, and siblings below the age of 18 years and his/her spouse and children below 18 years.
- Should not have the following assets:
- The property held by the family in different locations would all be clubbed during the determination of eligibility.
Also read: How to apply for school admissions
The EWS certificate is considered valid for one year from the date it has been made.
Listed here are some common FAQs regarding the EWS category school admissions:
- Click the link EWS/DG admissions available at www.edudel.nic.in
- Register and fill out the application form.
- Take a printout.
- Soon a date will be announced.
According to Delhi School Education Act & Rules, 1973 and private unaided provisionally recognized under RTE ACT, 2009, all private unaided schools of Delhi, recognized by the EDUCATION DEPARTMENT are eligible for admission.
It's eligible for all entry-level classes i.e. Nursery/Pre-School, KG/Pre-primary, and Class-I.
25% of total seats at every entry-level class of the school.