What do we mean by Holistic Education and its benefits?
Every parent wants their child to excel not only in studies but also in life. And they need to know that this could only be achievable through some good experiences and learning. Hence, schools play a vital role in building a good base for the child. So, it is necessary to know how a different education system can help their child nurture. And that’s why a new education approach of teaching is introducing nowadays which is Holistic Education. Now let’s see what do we mean by it.
What is Holistic Education?
Holistic Education is an approach to teaching that focuses on the academics and social needs of students. The educators seek to fulfil the academics requirements of the students. And teach them the right methods by which they can face the challenges of life. They try to engage all aspects of the learner that includes the mind, spirit, and body. In this educational approach, the emphasis is on the positive environment of the schools. And also, on the thinking abilities of the students with their positive social behaviours.
What are the strategies of teaching under this methodology?
Now let’s have a look at strategies:
- Transformative approach for learning: In Holistic education, the focus is on the transformative approach. It means education is not a process of transmission. The students learn through different experimental ways. They work in groups and enhance their abilities and skills through various practical projects.
- Self-learning: This means that the students are allowed to learn at their own pace. So, the teachers try to teach students in their best possible ways. Also, they help them to increase their self-confidence. And they plan lessons that are for learning and not just academics.
- Connection building: Teachers build connections with the families, organizations, and community members and conduct various programs (e.g., summer camps) for students.
Benefits of Holistic education:
Now, if you are wondering about the benefits of this approach? Then let’s have a look at them as well.
- The students perform not only well at the academic levels but also face life challenges bravely. They learn the right approach to deal with the obstacles.
- Holistic Education promotes social-awareness and a sense of responsibility with self-confidence among the students.
- It helps the students to develop strong critical thinking abilities and makes them exceptional at problem-solving.
- Students respect their individuality that ultimately results in the reduction of violence and abuse.
Hence, the parents must choose the right school that has a great approach towards teaching and Sanskar The Co-Educational School Ghaziabad can be the right school choice for their children.
Sanskar school has the vision:
“Enlightening minds, Encouraging creativity, Fostering responsibility.”
They promote the students to excel in a world of constant change. And try to create an environment that helps a child think out of the box ideas and enhance the learning power. They prepare students to develop rational thinking. And the school always makes sure to teach their students about the various dimensions of analyzing a problem. And with this approach, the students become creative and innovative. Also, they teach sportsmanship to their students that ultimately brings up leadership qualities in them.
Why get your child in this school?
- Efficient Education Policies: They follow a strong belief that states: Education is that which stays even after one leaves the school. They believe that education is not only confined to the assimilation of facts. So, they opt for the best practical methods to teach students and impart knowledge through effective mediums.
- Health care: During the corona pandemic, many parents resist sending their children to school. So, for the safety of children, the school has focused on the child’s health facilities. And it is their topmost priority. The school is following the step-by-step guidelines of the safety measures given by the CBSE board. E.g., They have made Thermal scanning mandatory twice a day, the entire school building is sanitized by the staff daily, they have separated the entry and exit gates.
- One to one interaction with parents: At Sanskar, The Co-Educational School, teachers have a one-to-one interaction with parents. They conduct several orientation programs for students and parents. The parent and teacher meetings are organized from time to time to inform the parents about their child’s performance.
- Affordable Fee Structure: The fee structure is within reach of the parents. And quality education is given to the students in the best possible ways. And due to the corona crisis, they have kept an option for the parents to drop the applications relating to fee concessions. So, a supportive environment for the parents also exists in the school.
- Co-Curricular Activities: The school has many sports (such as badminton, cricket, basketball, etc.) and intellectual activities (such as debates, elocution, etc.). They also conduct various competitions for the students that help them to experiment with their skills.
- Fitness sessions: Fitness is a necessity nowadays. And we all know that a healthy mind and body results in more productivity. At Sanskar, yoga and dance sessions are mandatory for students. And even during the pandemic, they have kept conducting virtual sessions for fitness. And they are also planning to have them for parents through media platforms as well.
A few other academic and infrastructural facilities offered by the schools are:
- The right teacher and student ratio in the classroom.
- Airy classrooms and green campus. Also, classes are being conducted in school halls due to the pandemic scenario as a safety measure.
- Safe transport mediums.
- Well-Equipped Library.
- Proper medical rooms.
- Value programs.
- Supportive and personalized teaching methods.
This article has been reviewed by our panel. The points, views and suggestions put forth in this article have been expressed keeping the best interests of fellow parents in mind. We hope you found the article beneficial.