Every class has a different mix of students. Some naughty, some sincere, some playful, some quiet and shy not to forget the few that are talkative. For a teacher, it becomes difficult to manage every type of student efficiently and create a healthy learning environment. Being a teacher is no less than being a superhero. A teacher is like a second mother to a child. She has to manage every child in the classroom, ensure that they are giving their best, and learning new things without any difficulty.
It becomes imperative for a teacher to adopt multiple techniques to engage them all while ensuring a smooth and enjoyable learning process.
List of Effective Classroom Management Techniques that most teachers use:
1. Interaction - Ensuring that the class is an interactive session where everyone feels free to express their views. Interaction builds a strong relationship between students and teachers and helps teachers to know more about the thought process and understanding of a student.
2. Let Students Lead - Students led learning activities and learning gives them freedom and helps them to learn how to manage and lead things in social groups. It will give them self belief and confidence to handle situations and also help them in knowing about the topic in a better way.
3. Encourage Questioning - Students feel shy to ask questions and also get embarrassed when the teacher doesn't show interest in their questions. The teacher will always encourage questioning so that every doubt in their student's mind is clear.
4. Polite but firm - It is important to maintain discipline in a classroom. But being very strict in the classroom can make students negative towards the teacher and they may not take part in group discussions or ask questions and clear their doubt so it is important to be strict in a manner that students are not scared of you as well as maintain discipline.
5. Creative ways of teaching - Rather than just explaining students about the topic teachers find other practical ways that will increase their participation and interest in the classroom and excite them to learn more about it. For instance, if you have to explain a drama then ask students to pick up their characters and act like them while reading their lines from the book.
Each school, each teacher has their own unique style of presentation and conduct. For instance at Queen Global International School teachers ensure positive and two-way communication with their students by encouraging healthy sharing during circle time. A time dedicated only to helping and enabling each child to communicate and express themselves better.