Source: Times of India
Designing and decorating a child’s room requires elaborate and conclusive thinking. While setting up the room, we should ensure that it should be a happy and comforting place, away from all kinds of danger. Here is a list of 7 things that should never be part of a child’s room.
- Children might find loud toys and action figures fascinating but they can harm their delicate ears, ultimately resulting in hearing loss.
- Unstable, heavy furniture that is not fixed or secured to a wall should not be a part of a child’s room as it might cause injuries.
- Baby walkers should be used only under the supervision of an adult. If you leave a baby walker lying around, a child might end up bumping into walls.
- One should avoid easy access windows and windows with long strings and chords. Children might end up choking or strangling on strings.
- Electronic appliances and outlets can prove to be hazardous for children. So, remember to keep anything of this sort away from the child’s reach.
- Even though indoor plants bring freshness to the house, it might not be the same for a child. Before you bring in a plant, ensure that your child is not allergic to it.
- A television set should never be a part of a child’s room. It will only lead to an increase in screen time, obesity, bad eating habits and other ill habits.
Also Read | Getting your child to follow healthy eating habits!