Our National Flag and National Anthem are the two things that reserve the top place in every Indian's heart. It should, of course. While both signify the concept of unity and diversity in India, we should also know some great facts about them.
1. Our National Flag is also known as the Tiranga or Tricolour because of its saffron, white and green colour with Ashok Chakra in the centre. It is rectangular in shape with horizontal stripes.
2. Our National Flag's first version had streaks of red, yellow and green. It was inscribed with the Vande Mataram, eight rises and religious symbols.
Also Read | Promote Healthy Weight In Kids
3. Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India hoisted our national flag at Red Fort in Delhi on the occasion of Independence Day.
4. Our National Anthem was first publicly sung on 27 December 1911 at the Calcutta session of INC. It was originally composed in the Bengali Language as Bharoto Bhagyo Bidhata.
5. The term 'National Anthem' was first used by Subash Chandra Bose on 11 September 1942 during the meeting of the German-Indian Society.