Source: The Indian Express
Dealing with a newborn might sometimes get a little too tedious. You have to attend to them at all times, even if you have to sacrifice your sleep. Also, it’s quite a common sight to see babies losing sleep and crying away at nights. It is for sure tiring for the parent, but losing a good night’s sleep can also be quite bad for the baby.
Here are some tips for you to get your baby, and yourself, a good night’s sleep.
- Caress them softly and wrap them up nice and tight to enable them to sleep peacefully.
- Babies feel like they are falling when they are made to sleep on their back. So lay them down to the sides to avert that feeling.
- The babies are suited to a very loud sound when they are in the womb. Start a hairdryer or shush loudly, with decreasing intensity, to make the baby comfortable.
- Swinging helps babies to calm down. The back-and-forth movement relaxes them while also preparing them for a good night’s sleep.
- Sucking a finger also helps to soothe the baby and makes them feel safe.
Try out a few of these tips and your baby will never miss a good night’s sleep.