Dyslexia is a very common disorder in India with over 10 million cases per year. Dyslexia refers to a learning disorder, i.e. having trouble in learning.
• Delay in talking or difficulty in learning new words or to read.
• Speech impairment, difficulty in spelling, difficulty in reasoning and understanding.
• Headache, making excuses and unwillingness to study
• Family member with dyslexia or any other learning disability.
• Premature birth.
• Exposure to substance abuse like drugs, alcohol or any infection during pregnancy.
• Varied brain functioning, that causes an inability in reading.
Read Also | Children's leaning styles
• Help them in learning and recognising words and sentences.
• Read aloud in front of your kid to help him build fluency.
• Help them with their school work and talk to the teachers about how they can help your child to succeed.
• Get special help for them. There are special tutors available for dyslexic children who know how to deal with it better.