Source: The Indian Express
Discovering a pregnancy is always a joyous and celebratory affair. But breaking the news of pregnancy draws along a long list of dos and don’ts from our parents and elders. They are completely right in doing that, after all, that baby inside you needs all the care. So here’s what you can inculcate in your diet to ensure that experience a healthy pregnancy.
- Make sure that you consume at least 3-4 litres of liquids every day.
- Have a good balance of cereals involving both simple and complex carbohydrates.
- Pulses are rich in protein and can avoid monotony due to the various options available.
- Consumption of milk and milk products gives your body its requirement of protein and calcium. A minimum of 500ml of milk every day is the best way to go.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. They are rich in vitamins and fibres. It is also advisable to include a lot of greens in your everyday diet.
- Include non-vegetarian options in your diet to keep your protein requirements in check.
- Include dried seeds and nuts in your everyday diet.
- Including spices and herbs in your pregnancy diet will provide your body with the fibres and micronutrients.
These diet options will ensure a healthy pregnancy for you and your baby.
Also Read | How to take care of your hair during the time of pregnancy