The Education Ministry released a revised list of COVID SOPs for School Reopening on Thursday.
The guidelines include social distancing, sanitizing stations, attendance, and much more. These guidelines were formulated after detailed discussions with states and are to be followed as needed by states and UTs.
"We share these guidelines, which are advisory in nature, and states are free to make their own guidelines accordingly. These guidelines contain all SoP for attending classes. Students can opt for online education" said the Education Ministry.
Given below is the complete list of guidelines released by the govt,
- Ensuring and monitoring proper cleaning and sanitation facilities in the school.
- Maintaining at least 6 feet distance between students in the seating plan.
- Social distancing has to be maintained in the staff rooms, office area, assembly hall, and other common areas.
- Flexible, staggered, and reduced timings for different classes.
- Schools do not undertake school events where social distancing is not possible.
- All students and staff arrive at school wearing a face cover/mask and continue wearing it all through.
- Social Distancing to be maintained during the distribution of PM POSHAN (Mid-day meal).
- Sanitation of school transportation on a regular basis.
- Social distancing must be maintained all the time in hostels.
- Scanning is to be done before they start staying at the hostels.
- Students willing to study from home with the consent of their parents may be allowed to do so.
- Allow flexibility in attendance.
Source: India Today
Also read: IUCAA To Encourage And Promote Astronomy Education In Indian Schools