Source: NDTV Education
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has postponed the release date of the provisional first list of admission to Class 1. The first provisional select list was scheduled to be released on April 23 but due to the unanticipated rise in active Covid-19 cases in the country, KVS has deferred the release date. KVS will be soon releasing the revised date on the official website - kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in. On April 19, the online registration for admission to Class 1 in Kendriya Vidyalayas for the academic year 2021-2022 was closed.
A statement on the KVS portal read: “The date of draw of lots for Admission in Std 1 scheduled on 23rd April 2021 has been postponed due to unprecedented rise in Covid-19 cases in the country.”
The Sangathan was supposed to release a second and third list on April 30 and May 5 if seats remain vacant after the first admission. After the release of the first provisional list, parents have to submit certain documents for admission.
Documents Required for KVS Class 1 Admissions 2021:
• Certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate
• Proof of Residence
• A certificate of retirement for uniformed defense employees
• For grandchildren of members of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of the relationship of either of the child’s parents with them
• For grandchildren of KVS employee, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee
• Caste Certificate, if applicable
• PwD Certificates, if applicable