As parents, you have to play a critical role in ensuring the good emotional health of your child. Be a GOOD OBSERVER of your child’s behavior in different settings - home/school/socially. Understand your child’s ‘normal behavior’ in all these settings.
Typically COUNSELLING is required when there is a change in this 'normal behavior' of your child. Children often display some SIGNS over a period of time that indicate such changes. These signs can be BEHAVIORAL OR ACADEMIC:
1. BEHAVIOURAL SIGNS (During online class & socially)
- Understanding the concepts
- Is there a ‘sitting tolerance’ - i.e. how long is the child able to sit during the class
- What is the expression on their face - anxious, sad, irritable
- Has the child suddenly stopped participating in group activities or answering questions
- Has chatting with friends reduced or stopped
- He/she is not playing around much & is getting bored easily
- Not interacting with parents in a positive manner
Check out: Proper nutrition for children is a must
2. ACADEMIC SIGNS
- What is the ‘attention & concentration span’ while learning
- Is the child able to copy properly from the screen/board
- Has the ‘Speed of writing’ changed
- Are there frequent spelling errors
- Is the pronunciation of words clear while reading? Any jumbling while writing or reverse writing? For example, writing 6 instead of 9
If any of the above signs persist for more than 4 - 6 weeks; you should immediately seek guidance from a child counselor. Timely action matters!
Have questions? We are here to help! Talk to expert child counselors at littlekizzu.com.
Talk to expert counselors