From the classroom to outdoor activities, a kid’s life is busy and their brain is rapidly growing. Neuroscience research has shown that early childhood is a time of rapid brain development. These years are critical as kids learn to focus and develop cognitive skills. The young brain changes its shape and size in response to everything encountered in the early years of life.
Also Read | Top 10 foods your child must eat to stay healthy
So here is a list of food items that will help your kids stay sharp:
- Eggs: An excellent source of protein and nutrients, it helps kids concentrate.
- Green veggies: Do you know that eating spinach can reduce the odds of acquiring dementia in the later years of life? These superfoods are packed with antioxidants and nutrients important for brain cells.
- Fishes: They are a good source of protein, vitamin D, and omega 3s. These nutrients prevent a decline in mental skills and memory loss.
- Nuts and seeds: Peanuts and sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E and selenium. They may boost mood and keep the nervous system in check.
- Oatmeal with apples and plum: Oatmeal is rich in protein and fiber. It helps keep the heart and brain arteries clear. Apples and plums contain quercetin, an antioxidant that may prevent a decline in mental skills.