Nursery admissions in New Delhi to begin from 15th December . Here's all you need to know

icon 2-4
Sahej Verma
7 months ago
• Admission
• admissions
• Delhi Schools
• Nursery Admissions 2021-22
• Registration
• updates
Nursery admissions in New Delhi to begin from 15th December . Here's all you need to know

The admission procedure of nursery schools in New Delhi is scheduled to begin from the 15th of December for the academic session 2022-23. The registration process and subsequent admissions would be online for private and unaided schools which will start releasing their respective application forms till the 7th of January 2022. It is to be noted that several schools have already released their points-based admission criteria with distance being allotted the most number of points.  The schools shall charge a fee of Rs 25 for the nursery admissions forms however it is not mandatory to purchase the prospectus of the educational institutions, admission is being sought in. 

 

Here is a breakdown of the important dates of the admission procedure -: 

  • Online registration will commence on - 15 December
  • Last date to submit the application form- 7 January
  • Release of the first list of nursery admission - 4 February
  • Release of the second list of nursery admission - 21 February
  • End of the application process- 31 March

Parents should note that the above-mentioned schedule is for General Category admissions in the nursery, kindergarten, and Class 1 for 75 percent of the seats. The authorities will soon announce the schedule for the remaining 25 percent seats, which is reserved for the disadvantaged (DG) and economically weaker section (EWS) students. Parents need to submit a passport-size photograph of the child, the birth certificate of the child, valid identity proof for the kid such as an Aadhaar card, address proof, and a photograph of the family (father, mother, and child) for the nursery admission process. As per the current age criteria, the minimum age for kids applying in the nursery, KG and Class 1 is three years, four years, and five years respectively (by 31 March 2022).  

 

The schools have been mandated to upload their criteria for admissions by latest by the 14th of December 2021 on edudel.nic.in. This year, Distance is set to be at the top of the points criteria, which implies that the closer the residence of the child, the higher will be the points and chances to feature on any of the admission lists. Other important parameters that carry a significant weightage include Sibling, Alumni, Girl Child, and Single Child. 

 

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic last year, nursery admission to schools in New Delhi was delayed by a month. However, this year they are happening on time for all children seeking admission to nursery, kindergarten, and class 1. 

Also read Delhi Nursery Admission 2022-23: Window opens between 15th December 2021 to 7th January 2022

Daily News
We are on a Mission To Guide Parents on How to Select the Right School

Register Before

Ezyschooling Achiever
Fill the form to register your child as an achiever on Ezyschooling
Subscribe to receive parenting tips from Ezyschooling straight in your inbox